Every year, we welcome nearly 500 new transfer students to the University of San Francisco. As a transfer student, you’ll get the best of a Jesuit liberal arts education and put your degree to work in the thriving, diverse, entrepreneurial city of San Francisco.
You can apply as a transfer student if:
- You have graduated from high school and are enrolled or have been enrolled at another college or university or;
- You already have a degree and would like to pursue a second bachelor's degree
With 44 majors and 70+ minors, USF will have a program that suits your academic interests at our main campus in San Francisco or at one of our additional campuses.
Request More Information
In order to be considered for transfer to USF, you need to meet our transfer eligibility requirements:
- At least 24 semester or 36 quarter credits of college coursework from a regionally-accredited institution (30 semester or 45 quarter credits for nursing majors). If you have fewer than this, you can still apply to transfer, but a high school transcript will also be required to complete your application
- Cumulative college GPA of 2.5 or higher (3.0 for nursing majors)
- Be in academic and disciplinary good standing. USF defines good standing as having a term GPA of 2.00 or higher in the most recent term completed.
If you meet these requirements, you’re eligible to transfer to USF!
For all majors but nursing, there are no prerequisite courses you need to complete prior to transfer. For information on transferring for nursing, please carefully consider our transfer nursing requirements.
Transfer Admission Steps
- Submit an Application for Transfer
Our transfer application is open for spring 2021 and fall 2021 enrollment. The application includes a personal statement to give you the opportunity to share your interest in USF and goals for transferring. Submit your application by the application deadline.
- Send Transcripts
You need to submit separate transcripts from all colleges or universities that you’ve previously attended. If you have fewer than 24 semester or 36 quarter units of college credit, you also need to submit a high school transcript.
Official transcripts should be sent from each institution’s registrar to USF:
Office of Admission
University of San Francisco
2130 Fulton Street
San Francisco, CA 94117
For students applying to the spring 2021 or fall 2021 terms, we will accept unofficial transcripts as long as they are in PDF format and clearly show your full name, your school's name, your courses, and your grades. Unreadable or illegible PDF documents will not be accepted.
- Submit your financial aid documents
USF offers financial assistance for domestic transfer students. If you're planning to apply for financial aid, you'll need to submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or California Dream Act application. All domestic transfer applicants will also be considered for merit scholarships from USF. Unfortunately, financial aid and merit scholarships are not available for international transfer students.
Additionally, all domestic applicants will be automatically considered for merit scholarships. Unfortunately, USF is unable to offer financial aid or scholarships to international transfer students.
Once your application is complete, you’ll be guided to set up your applicant status page, where you can track your application’s progress.
Our team is here to help! If you have any questions, just email email@example.com or call the Office of Admission at 415-422-6563 Monday through Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. PT.
Bachelor of Science in Management (BSM)