Financial Literacy & Borrower Education
Loan Management and Repayment
In addition to the counseling services available from our own financial aid staff, the University of San Francisco School of Law also provides students with one-on-one debt management consultations with an outside expert, as well as, the following series of short video clips. These brief video presentations will significantly enhance your understanding of federal student loan borrowing and the repayment processes and options.
Video presenter, Jeffrey Hanson Ph.D., is a specialist in educational borrowing for graduate and professional students, and has given various presentations on financial literacy to law and medical students across the country.
Financial Literacy Modules
Managing Your Loans:
- Understanding the Unique Nature of Federal Student Loans
- Planning for Student Loan Repayment
- Exploring the Student Loan Payment Plans
- Comparing the Income-Driven Repayment (IDR) Plans
- Estimating Your Monthly Student Loan Payments
- Taking Stock of Your Student Loan Portfolio
- Developing Your Student Loan Repayment Timeline
- Choosing Your Student Loan Payment Plan
- Understanding Student Loan Consolidation
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness