Intellectual Property, Technology, & Entrepreneurship Law
Intellectual property law is one of the fastest-growing legal fields, with new technology constantly making the old rules of practice obsolete.
At USF Law, you’ll learn the latest approaches to protecting intellectual creation, discovery, and invention — from copyrights to trademarks and patents.
USF's intellectual property and technology program includes a distinguished faculty, internationally focused curriculum, innovative clinical offerings, as well as vibrant student organizations and a nationally recognized student publication. You’re able to earn a specialized Intellectual Property and Technology Law Certificate.
Through the in-house Internet and Intellectual Property Justice Clinic, you’ll gain hands-on experience providing pro bono legal services related to a variety of intellectual property issues, including copyright and trademark questions.
Mary and I shared ideas and edited assignments as a team, and she gave me a lot of honest and genuine feedback. I also got a lot of practical knowledge and skills. Communicating with clients, opposing counsel, and the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office — these are really important skills whether I work for a firm or myself."
REBECCA MCCLAIN ’15
Deputy Attorney General, Office of the Indiana Attorney General, who externed at Mary L. Shapiro Law, PC
- Art Law
- Copyright Law
- Information Privacy
- International Intellectual Property
- Patent Law
- Patent Licensing & Monetization
- Trademark Law
- Susan Freiwald is a renowned scholar on cyberlaw and information privacy
- Michael Dergosits has authored numerous publications on intellectual property and is an expert in Patent Law
- Brian Love teaches IP law seminar, patent law, and remedies
- Karren Shorofsky teaches Copyright and focuses on the intersection of art, museum, laws, and ethics
- Entrepreneurial Ventures Legal Services Project
- Internet and Intellectual Property Justice Clinic
- AppDynamics, Inc.
- Duanne Morris LLP
- Gagnier Margossian LLP
- Perkins Croie LLP
- Intellectual Property and Technology Law Journal
- Intellectual Property and Cyber Law Association
- Technology, Entrepreneur, and Startup Law Association