International & Comparative Law
It's no longer enough for lawyers to understand domestic legal issues.
Through USF School of Law's extensive menu of international programs, you’ll develop a comprehensive understanding of how to do business and pursue justice in across the globe.
Coursework recognizes the increasing globalization of the practice of law, whether specializing in comparative, business, or human rights law. USF Law provides extensive opportunities to study abroad in traditional or immersion courses. Externships, in which you’ll apply the skills you’ve learned in school at NGOs, international law firms, nonprofit organizations, and foreign judicial officers, present unbounded opportunities for learning and growth.
Students who participate in the innovative Frank C. Newman International Human Rights Law Clinic present on critical human rights issues to the United Nations, in both Geneva and New York. Learn about the clinic's director Professor Connie de la Vega, who was recently the first woman to receive the State Bar of California's Warren M. Christopher International Lawyer of the Year Award, in this Q&A in the California International Law Journal.
USF students have the unique opportunity through the Frank C. Newman International Human Rights Law Clinic to represent an NGO before United Nations bodies in Geneva and New York. Our students experience human rights mechanisms first hand, as they present written and oral interventions, as well as advocate for language in resolutions that helps to promote and protect human rights."
Professor Connie de la Vega
- Asian Legal Systems
- Chinese Business Law
- Comparative Law
- E.U. Law
- Global Legal Research
- International Criminal Law
- International Human Rights
- International Refugee Law and the European Crisis
- Public International Law
- Connie de la Vega is an advocate for international human rights law
- Reza Dibadj is an expert on criminal procedure and juvenile law expert
- Beijing, China
- Prague, Czech Republic
- Baker & McKenzie LLP, Vietnam
- Boehmert & Boehmert, Germany
- Cleveland Scott York, United Kingdom
- De Gaulle Fleurance & Associés, France
- Deloitte, Czech Republic
- Duane Morris LLP, Vietnam
- Ernst & Young, Mexico
- Trevisan & Cuonzo Avvocati, Italy
- International Law Society