In order to encourage students to gain first-hand experience living and studying in Asia, the USF Center for Asia Pacific Studies provides funding assistance for current USF students to study an Asian language with a program in Asia. Awards range from $1000 to $5000.
To qualify you must currently be:
- a full-time student (undergraduate or graduate) in the College of Arts and Sciences, and planning to be enrolled for the Fall semester
Covered Expenses May Include:
- Roundtrip economy class airfare from San Francisco International Airport (SFO) to summer program destination
- Tuition & Application fee
- Dorm fee USF Health insurance fee for the duration of the program.**
- The stipend recipient will be responsible for obtaining the proper visa for the program.
- **Please visit this myUSF page for more information on the USF Health Insurance fee.
- Students currently enrolled as:
- Undergraduate students (sophomores and juniors)
- Graduate students (1st year)
- Deadline for receipt of all application materials: March 1st
- Complete the online application form by the deadline
- Submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org by the application deadline
- A current transcript from USF (unofficial copies are OK)
- A list of any courses currently in progress
- Awards will be announced by March 31st
IMPORTANT: To receive the above funding, the selected recipient will then need to be accepted by the USF Center for Global Education
Please contact USF Center for Asia Pacific Studies at email@example.com with any questions about this stipend opportunity.
- Bobby Im, Summer 2023
- Nathalie Lopez Del Valle, Summer 2020
- Neha Cariappa, Summer 2019