Professor Luke A. Boso taught property and constitutional law courses at Savannah Law School in 2013-14 as an associate professor, and he was a law teaching fellow with the Charles R. Williams Institute on Sexual Orientation Law and Public Policy at the UCLA School of Law from 2011-13. Boso has served as a judicial intern for the Honorable Irene M. Keeley of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District Court of West Virginia, and a law clerk to the Honorable Judge Phillip D. Gaujot of the Circuit Court of Monongalia County, West Virginia. He also spent a year working as a staff attorney at a boutique civil rights firm in Los Angeles, litigating Fourth Amendment cases regarding police misconduct.
- BA, West Virginia University
- JD, West Virginia University
- LLM, UC Los Angeles
- Awards & Distinctions
Boso was selected as one of three winners of the 2014 Dukeminier Awards for his piece, Urban Bias, Rural Sexual Minorities, and the Courts, 60 UCLA L. REV. 562 (2013). The awards recognize each year's best sexual orientation and gender identity law review articles.
- Law Review and Journal Articles
- “Rural Resentment and LGBTQ Equality,” 71 Florida Law Review (2019). SSRN
- “Dignity, Inequality, and Stereotypes,” 92 Washington Law Review 1119 (2017). SSRN
- “Acting Gay, Acting Straight: Sexual Orientation Stereotyping,” 83 Tennessee Law Review 575 (2016). SSRN
- “Real Men,” 37 University of Hawai'i Law Review 107 (2015). SSRN
- “Policing Masculinity in Small-Town America,” 23 Temple Political & Civil Rights Law Review 345 (2014). SSRN
- “Urban Bias, Rural Sexual Minorities, and the Courts,” 60 UCLA Law Review 562 (2013). SSRN
- “Disrupting Sexual Categories of Intimate Preference,” 21 Hastings Women's Law Journal 59 (2010). SSRN
- “A (Trans)Gender-Inclusive Equal Protection Analysis of Public Female Toplessness,” 18 Tulane Journal of Law & Sexuality 143 (2009). SSRN
- “The Unjust Exclusion of Gay Sperm Donors: Litigation Strategies to End Discrimination In the Gene Pool,” 110 West Virginia Law Review 843 (2008). SSRN