The USF School of Law commits itself to designing curriculum to ensure that students achieve competence in all of the following:
- Knowledge and understanding of legal doctrine and policy.
- Legal analysis and reasoning.
- Legal research.
- Professional legal skills, including independent and critical thought, effective problem solving, and good work habits.
- Communication, including written and oral.
- Professional identity and ethical responsibility.
- Capacity for, awareness of, and openness to working in a diverse environment, from a global perspective, and toward the advancement of social justice.