Javier has over 16 years of distinguished international tax experience. He serves global clients in a wide range of industries, including technology, e-commerce, fintech and digital assets, financial services, life sciences, and traditional manufacturing and distribution.
His curriculum has a technical focus on the substantive rules and application of U.S. international tax statutes and regulations. He enjoys travel, food, and wine, and when time allows, cooking.
- Complex cross-border planning and structuring of multinational operations considering BEPS and the TCJA
- Cross-border structuring for companies in the digital asset industry
- Cross-border supply chain planning, mergers and acquisitions, reorganizations, and joint venture structuring
- Transfer pricing planning and compliance
- Application of global tax treaty provisions and determination of tax treaty benefits
- Boston University School of Law, Boston, Massachusetts, May 2002 Master of Laws in Taxation
- University of Houston Law Center and College of Business Administration, Houston, Texas, August 1999 Juris Doctor and Master of Business Administration, Concentration in Finance
- The University of Texas, Austin, Texas, December 1994 Bachelor of Arts in Spanish
- Lead international tax specialist for Grant Thornton’s New England region
- Member of Ernst & Young’s National Tax Department
- Senior advisor to the general counsel at the U.S. Treasury Department
- Attorney-advisor at the IRS Office of Associate Chief Counsel (International)
- Attorney-advisor at the U.S. Tax Court to the Honorable Juan F. Vasquez.