St. Ignatius Institute
The St. Ignatius Institute is a core living/learning community at the University of San Francisco (USF) that is distinctively Jesuit.
The SII curriculum and community challenge students to think critically and creatively; to reason and ask questions; and to attain a deeper understanding of the human experience across time and space. Our academic approach is multidisciplinary, historical, and global. Our curriculum integrates the study of influential ideas from East and West with engagement with the challenging realities of our world.
SII students share community and explore their spirituality in the Jesuit tradition. They use their imagination, creativity, and critical analysis to promote the common good, especially for those most in need.
- Rigorous academics rooted in the arts and humanities
- Four years of guaranteed on-campus housing
- A curriculum that satisfies the USF Core Requirements
- SII is compatible with any USF major or minor
- Our students form a vibrant community within USF
- Unique study abroad opportunities at Oxford for a semester or an entire year.