International Transactions & Comparative Law Program
USF's LLM in International Transactions and Comparative Law is your gateway to a thriving career in American, international, and comparative law. The program equips students with a strong grounding in legal theory and practical skills to pursue gainful employment in the United States and abroad.
Why join us?
- Study in the heart of San Francisco, minutes from the Civic Center, where LLM students attend hearings at the California Supreme Court
- Get hands-on training through externships in Bay Area law firms and businesses and USF’s many in-house law clinics
- Benefit from individual counseling with faculty and career planning services
- Network with USF alumni mentors who are attorneys practicing in a variety of legal fields, from technology to business and beyond
- Prepare to take the Bar Exam and practice in the U.S., or use your LLM to enhance your expertise and credentials for work in your home country
- Secure housing in the law school’s new residence hall
The Admissions Committee reviews files in the order they are completed, on a rolling basis. Therefore, it is to the applicant's advantage to submit the complete application with supporting materials as early as possible.
The program is open to those:
- with first degrees in law
- who have completed in a foreign country the university-based legal education required to take the equivalent of the bar examination in that country
- who are qualified to practice law in a country
- or the equivalent thereof or otherwise deemed sufficiently qualified as determined by our LLM admissions committee