Invest in your Future
At USF, we are dedicated to helping admitted students through the financial aid process and helping find the best solution for you, your situation, and your needs. Approximately 64% of our undergraduate students and 48% of our graduate and professional students receive some form of financial assistance. We understand the financial aid process can be daunting for many students and families, so we strive to make it as smooth as possible. If you can't find what you're looking for, please Contact Financial Services for assistance.
Financial Aid Planning Basics
- Read carefully the information on our financial pages.
- Allow time to review documents needed to apply so that you meet the priority deadline.
- Read all instructions and follow them carefully. Check your work. Then, check your work again.
- Complete all financial aid forms by your financial aid deadline. Completion of an application after the deadline may result in not receiving the best financial package.
- Apply early! Don't wait until the deadline. Avoid mail delays, busy fax lines and busy websites. Ask questions if you don't understand.
- Make sure that your application is complete. Visit myUSF to determine if all documents have been received.
- Make sure that you include your social security number on your application of admission. The SSN is used to let us know when you are admitted to the University.
- Respond immediately to school requests for additional information or documents, such as copies of federal tax returns.