Shounak Dharap is a plaintiffs’ attorney at The Arns Law Firm. Shounak represents working families, consumers, and other injured people through complex litigation in federal and state court, as well as in arbitration. His practice areas include labor and employment, consumer privacy and fraud, and financial elder abuse. He also represents families in wrongful death actions, as well as wildfire cases against PG&E. His passion is in the area of labor and employment, where he has litigated gig-economy cases against companies such as Amazon, Instacart, Shipt, and Postmates. His work in this area has been a part of the rapidly changing landscape surrounding gig-economy workers, and he regularly briefs and argues such issues in court. He has been recognized as a Super Lawyers Rising Star since 2019.
When not litigating, Shounak serves his community as an elected member on the Board of Education for the Palo Alto Unified School District.
- School Board Trustee, Palo Alto Unified School District
- Member, California Bar Exam Content Validity Committee
- USF School of Law, JD, 2016
- UC Santa Cruz, BA in English, 2012
- Associate Attorney, The Arns Law Firm
- Law Review and Journal Articles
- “Mapping a Route Around Mandatory Arbitration for Local Delivery Drivers,” (2018).