Life at USF
The Department of Public Safety helps create a safe, secure, and caring campus environment so our campus community can pursue positive work and educational experiences. We follow the Jesuit model of being people for others, as we work collaboratively with the USF community to create trusting relationships in order to proactively solve safety and parking/transportation problems, and increase personal and institutional preparedness for natural and human-made disasters.
- Leadership: We are consistently fair, supportive, and motivating toward a collaborative evolution of positive action.
- Communication: We strive to communicate clearly, thoughtfully, and in ways that positively influence others.
- Teamwork: We flexibly and selflessly buy into the culture of care by means of effective communication.
- Work Product Accuracy: We emphasize timeliness, professionalism, and customer service, promoting confidence in our work internally and externally.
- Resources: We utilize open minds and creative uses of known resources to benefit the university community.
- Hierarchy: We believe that effective leadership within the department should represent ethics, integrity, and recognition of others.