7 Memorable Moments from a Record Breaking CelebrateUSF 2023
Over 2,300 people gathered on October 20-22 for the university’s largest CelebrateUSF in its history. CelebrateUSF is the university’s annual alumni, family, and reunion weekend. Parents, alumni, students, and community members came together to enjoy 27 individual events over the course of three days. Saturday’s all-you-can-eat music and food festival featured food and drinks from alumni-owned businesses and 80s music that filled the air.
Here are seven of our favorite moments from CelebrateUSF 2023.
- 3 basketball legends: Phil Jackson, Lisa Leslie, and Bill Cartwright took the stage at the Silk Speaker Series and spoke about their incredible careers
- 20 new wave 80’s hits performed by Tainted Love at the food and music festival on Saturday afternoon
- 5 of our favorite local alumni vendors: The Organic Coup, Original Joe’s, La Colombe Coffee, Hometown Creamery, and Boudin Bakery
- 180 pint glasses given away
- 3 alumni reunion receptions: the Golden 50 Year Reunion, Green and Gold 25 Year Reunion, and the Class ’65, ’73, and ’83 Nursing Reunion
- 750 USF headbands worn
- 5 new events for the USF affinity alumni chapters: Black Alumni Society, Asia Pacific Alumni Network, LatinX Alumni, Pride Alumni Group, and recent graduates of the last ten years
Didn’t make it to the event? Check out USF events for latest invitations and updates.