Visiting Student FAQ

Thank you for your interest in USF. As you begin to consider your studying at USF, please take time to carefully read through the questions below to help you understand the process.

Frequently Asked Questions

Can I live on campus?

Visiting students may only live on campus during the summer session. Visiting summer students must apply through Student Housing.

Does USF offer classes that I need to get into medical school?

Yes. We offer pre-health classes in biology, chemistry and physics required for medical and other professional health graduate programs.

Can I take a science class without taking the lab? Can I take a science lab without taking the class?

Yes. Approval from the instructor and Dean’s Office is required.

How do I request a transcript?

Requests for official transcripts are made online. Visit our Transcript website for further information.

Where do I purchase books for my classes?

The Schedule of Classes includes a link with information on required books and options to buy online. Students may also purchase books at the USF bookstore in the University Center 1st Floor.

What buildings do I have access to as a visiting student?

You have access to all campus buildings except Athletic Spaces and Residence Halls. A complete list of buildings can be found by viewing the USF Campus Map.

Are visiting students able to lend materials at the Gleeson Library?

No. Visiting students must purchase lending privileges through the Library.

Are visiting students able to access the Koret Health and Recreation Center?

No. Visiting students must purchase memberships in order to access the gym and its facilities.