The University of San Francisco is committed to the full participation of all students. Student Disability Services (SDS) recognizes disability as a valued aspect of diversity and works to facilitate equal access and an inclusive environment for students with disabilities.
Vision and Values
- Guided by Universal Design we suggest accommodations for USF students with disabilities to help achieve their goals.
- We strive to empower the community to acquire and develop the knowledge, skills, values, and sensitivity to become persons for and with others.
- SDS will create a campus culture that embraces disability as diversity and seeks to welcome students with all abilities..
- Ensure quality service and delivery of reasonable and appropriate accommodations designed to mitigate barriers.
- Students with disabilities will have a comprehensive understanding of their disability and how it impacts them.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Students will be able to clearly articulate their accommodation needs to others.
- Students will be able to complete the process for requesting and receiving reasonable accommodations at USF.
- Students will be able to identify barriers in the university environment.