Choosing to study in the United States is a big decision and there is much excitement and growth on your path ahead. International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) promotes a global perspective for the USF community through educational and programmatic outreach while fostering the holistic development of international students/scholars by providing support services and immigration advising.
ISSS will keep its International Student Support and Resources webpage up to date with immigration changes and travel information: https://myusf.usfca.edu/isss/international-student-support-and-resources.
Who We Serve
- International students pursuing bachelor’s, master’s, and doctorate degrees
- Visiting scholars
- Non-immigrant visa holders, asylees, and refugees participating in academic, language training, or educational exchange programs at USF, including:
- Participants in the Jesuit Education Exchange Program (JEEP)
- Full-time enrollees in the Intensive English Program (IEP)
- Non-credit, non-degree course participants
- Foreign students pursuing an internship in the United States that will fulfill degree requirements at their home institution
ISSS Services and Programs
- Document Processing and Advising: F-1 and J-1 student visas, and U.S. tax filing requirements for non-residents
- Assistance with Living Abroad: Advice on personal adjustments and cross-cultural matters and referrals and/or advocacy efforts on behalf of international students to on-and off-campus service providers
- Orientations: Fall/Spring/Summer International Student Orientation (ISO) for new students, orientations cover academic expectations, immigration regulations, campus life, and cultural adjustment.
- Training: Job Success Strategy Series, Optional Practical Training (OPT) for F-1 visa holders, H-1B visa workshop
Campus Involvement Programs
- USF International Student Association (ISA): International students support and learn from each other in this social community supervised by ISSS.
- International Education Week: A yearly extravaganza of cultural performances, storytelling, food fests, and other events celebrating global diversity at USF.
- Stories and Food From Home Series: International students present on their home country and provide a sampling of cuisines.