The Cultural Centers include the Gender & Sexuality Center and the Intercultural Center. The centers serve as both physical spaces on campus where students build community, and as outlets for student run programs that explore social issues and identity.
The Cultural Centers bring students together to increase their understanding, and embrace their roles, as members of a diverse community on the local and global levels.
We engage in this work through our shared values
- Community: We unify individuals across identities, backgrounds and experiences. Our positive, caring, and discerning community creates a sense of belonging for students.
- Empowerment: We inspire students to find their agency and authentic voice to express their needs. Students feel empowered to explore their passions.
- Intersectionality: We understand the complexity and beauty of the multiple intersecting identities students bring into the world. Our programs encourage students to embrace their whole self.
- Growth:: We believe that all students have the capacity to deepen their consciousness by building upon their unique lived experiences. Programs encourage students to bravely engage in challenging dialogues within a supportive space.
- Solidarity: We cultivate support and advocacy for, and with, marginalized identities and communities. Programs provide opportunities for students to gain a deeper understanding of injustices and work towards social change in community.
Monday–Thursday 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.; Friday 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.