7 USF Women Rank as Top Bay Area Business Leaders
Two USF executives and five alumnae are on the San Francisco Business Times' top business leaders list
Jennifer Turpin, provost and vice president for academic affairs, was named to the Most Influential Women in Bay Area Business list for the fourth consecutive year. Also on the list is Elena Flores, who was promoted to associate dean at the School of Education last fall.
Alumnae lead in Bay Area businesses
USF alumnae in business, education, and law left their mark on the list of 145 female business leaders, as well:
- Anita Friedman EdD ’94: Executive director, Jewish Family and Children’s Services
- Naomi Kelly JD ’01: City administrator, San Francisco
- Molly M. Lane JD ’90: Partner, Morgan, Lewis & Bockius law firm
- Julie Petrini ’74, MPA ’88: Chief operating officer, Alta Bates Summit Medical Center
- Carolyn Nelson MA ’84, EdD ’92: Dean, California State University, East Bay
The San Francisco Business Times will honor the Bay Area's top business women at a gala awards dinner from 5-9 p.m. June 12 at the Hilton San Francisco at Union Square.
“These women are accomplished in a range of fields. What they share is a perseverance and a passion for what they do,” wrote Emily Fancher in the Business Times.