Gillson Residence Hall
Gillson Hall is one of two residence halls designed exclusively for first-year students. Here they connect with new friends, take part in student programs, and discover a sense of belonging at USF.
- First-year students
- Male and female residents
- 400 residents
- Eight floors, each floor is single-sex
- Doubles available
- One student lounge
- Laundry room (laundry services are free to residents)
- Kitchen with refrigerator, stovetop, oven, and microwave
- Cable TV connector in each room
- Flat screen TVs in lounges
- WiFi throughout building
- 24-hour front desk
- Key card required to access building
- Key card and code required to access rooms
- Golden Gate Ave., between Masonic and Parker St.
- Adjacent to Hayes-Healy Hall and Memorial Gym
- Closest dining facility: The Market Cafe
During the 1960s, USF underwent a transformative phase that included several major construction projects. One of the residence halls constructed during that period was Gillson Hall, funded by and dedicated to former USF Regent George Gillson. Since its opening, Gillson has been the home to generations of USF students and has undergone several renovations. In addition to being a residence hall, it is also home to the office of Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS).