Gillson Residence Hall
Gillson Hall is one of two residence halls designed exclusively for first-year students. Here freshman can connect with new friends, take part in student programs, and discover a sense of belonging at USF.
During the 1960's, USF underwent a transformative phase during which several major construction projects commenced. One of the residence halls constructed during that period was Gillson Hall, which funded by and dedicated to George Gillson, a former USF regent. Since its opening, Gillson has been the home to generations of USF students and has undergone several renovations. In addition to being a residence hall, it is also home to the office of Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS).
Facts and Amenities
- First Year Students
- Male and female residents
- 400 residents
- 8 floors, each floor is single-sex
- Doubles available
- Please note: Triples will not be offered during the 2020-2021 academic year
- Golden Gate Ave., between Masonic and Parker St.
- Adjacent to Hayes-Healy Hall and Memorial Gym
- Closest dining facility: The Market Cafe
- 24-hour front desk
- Key card required to access building
- Key card and code required to access rooms
- WiFi throughout building
- 1 student lounge
- Kitchen with refrigerator, stovetop, oven, and microwave
- Laundry room (laundry services are free to residents)
- Cable TV connector in each room
- Flat screen TVs in lounges
2325 Golden Gate Avenue, Room # San Francisco, CA 94118