Dining on Campus
Bon Appétit, an on-site restaurant company, manages six eateries across the University of San Francisco campus. Their philosophy is simple: food service for a sustainable future. That means cooking up made from scratch menu items with seasonal ingredients from local food growers.
Bon Appétit is proud to be the first food service company to commit to:
- Supporting local agriculture (with a defined purchasing target) (1999)
- Reducing antibiotic use in farm animals (2003)
- Serving rBGH-free milk (2003)
- Serving cage-free eggs (2005)
- Striving to serve only seafood that meets Seafood Watch® sustainability guidelines for commercial buyers, since 2002
From vegetarian- and vegan-friendly to gluten-free, diabetic to allergic, Bon Appétit is cooking for many. They’re rolling stocks, finishing sauces, and roasting meats with an approach to food that allows them to provide fresh foods from whole ingredients. If you have a special dietary need, speak up, and they’ll help you find, or even prepare, foods to meet your needs.
Ask a Dietitian
Do you have a question about the foods that are served at the University of San Francisco? Contact a Bon Appétit registered dietitian.