Life at USF
Summer at USF
USF offers on-campus summer housing each year for students enrolled in classes. Housing is located in one of our designated co-ed residence halls. Additionally, the university offers guest housing to contracted-conference groups of 10 or more people including professional, educational, and religious organizations as well as youth groups and sports camps.
On-campus summer housing is available each year for students enrolled in classes at USF. Housing is located in one of our designated co-ed residence halls. More information regarding the summer housing location, application deadline, and session dates can be found on the myUSF Summer School Housing webpage.
In order to be eligible for on-campus housing:
- Student must be registered and enrolled for summer classes at USF (as defined by the most recent University General Catalog) by the time of occupancy and maintain the enrollment record for the duration of the occupancy.
- Student must be in good behavioral standing with the University (i.e., not have received a sanction from the University Conduct System that prevents him or her from living in University operated housing)
- Student must submit proof of immunization to the Health Promotions Office (HPS)
- Domestic students require 2 dose of MMR (measles/mumps/rubella), in addition, students 18 years of age or younger requires Hepatitis B vaccine or test showing immunity
- International students require 2 doses of MMR (measles/mumps/rubella), Hepatitis B vaccine or test showing immunity, and a tuberculosis (TB) test administered in the last 12 months.
USF charges room and board on a session basis in the summer. Charges are based on the session a student is signed up for. Students will be charged for the dates of the entire summer session they are enrolled in regardless of which date they actually move in or move out (see session dates). There are no cancellation fees for summer housing.
Students are required to pay for both a room and a meal plan for summer housing. Meal plans may be appealed for approved dietary restrictions or academic scheduling conflicts. Plans will not be appealed based on financial need. Meal plan appeals are processed through our Campus Dining Managers at email@example.com.
Summer Conference Housing
The University of San Francisco is located in a quiet residential neighborhood in one of the most exciting cities in the world. We are situated on a 55-acre hilltop refuge with views of the majestic Pacific Ocean, beautiful San Francisco Bay, and the dramatic downtown skyline. In addition, we are just a short walk from Golden Gate Park, and a few minutes drive from downtown San Francisco, China Town, and Fisherman's Wharf.
From June 1st to August 1st, we offer quality guest housing to contracted-conference groups of 10 or more people including professional, educational, and religious organizations as well as youth groups and sports camps. Services include:
- A staff host assigned to each guest group
- Fully-staffed reception desk and facilities
- Daily maid services upon request
- Health and recreation passes available at the Koret Health and Recreation Center
- On-site bookstore and food services
- Genuine courtesy
The University of San Francisco offers several unique amenities to guests on campus, including:
Items in the The Market Cafe and other campus dining locations are a la carte. Planners may choose to have a specific amount of money assigned to each guest per diem, or guests may pay using cash or credit card.
Suggested Standard: $45.00 per day
Catered meals are available upon request. Rates for catered meals vary according to menu and set-up requirements.
The University of San Francisco's Summer Guest Housing program is designed to provide safe, economical, and comfortable short-term housing services for our guests in an atmosphere of quality customer service. We will act as a resource to promote USF and the city of San Francisco in an effort to foster a positive experience for both guests and staff.
Quality service begins and ends with every member of conference housing, working together to satisfy our guests. We will continually improve our service quality by understanding our guests’ needs, by structuring our work to fulfill those needs, and by striving to do the job right the first time, every time.
Our accommodations are designed to be conducive to both work and relaxation. All of our residence halls are safe, comfortable, attractive, well maintained, and reasonably priced. We include a television lounge on each floor, telephones in each room, and a laundry facility in every building.
Many of our guest rooms have panoramic city and bay views. Each is fully furnished and includes linen and towels for added comfort and convenience.
For more information, including room rates, please contact: