We know that cost is an important consideration as you choose a graduate program.
Our prospective student advisors are available to speak with you about tuition costs and financial resources offered through the School of Education. Reach out to us at (415) 422-5467 or email@example.com with any questions you have.
Tuition costs for the first and second years may vary based on the number of units completed in the first year. Second-year tuition is based on the number of units x new tuition rate in that year.
The details below are estimates based on typical student enrollment. For many programs, the number of units a student can choose to take each semester will vary. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have specific questions about your program of interest.
The following rates are effective as of Fall 2023:
|Program||Cost per unit||1st year units||2nd year units||3rd year units|
|Catholic Educational Leadership EdD||$1,430 ☩||15||15||n/a|
|Catholic Educational Leadership MA||$1,275 ☩||18||12||n/a|
|Catholic Educational Leadership-Certificate only||$1,275 ☩||9||6||n/a|
|Counseling Psychology - concentration in Marriage & Family Therapy MA - 2 year||$1,275||27||27||n/a|
|Counseling Psychology - concentration in Marriage & Family Therapy MA - 3 year||$1,275||27||27||6|
|Counseling Psychology - concentration in School Counseling/PPS Credential MA||$1,085||27||22||n/a|
|Educational Technology MA||$1,275||18||12||n/a|
|Educational Technology - Certificate only||$1,275||6||6||n/a|
|Educational Technology with Credential MA||$1,085||22-29 *||13||n/a|
|Higher Education & Student Affairs MA||$1,275||18||12||n/a|
|Human Rights Education MA||$1,275||18||12||n/a|
|International & Multicultural Education EdD||$1,430||12||12||n/a|
|International & Multicultural Education MA||$1,275||
|Learning & Instruction EdD||$1,430||12||12||n/a|
|Organization & Leadership EdD||$1,430||15||15||n/a|
|Organization & Leadership MA||$1,275||18||12||n/a|
|Preliminary Administrative Services Credential with Organization & Leadership MA||$1,085||24||6 ☙||n/a|
|Special Education with Credential MA||$1,085||27||15||n/a|
|Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages MA||$1,275||18||12||n/a|
|Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages with Credential MA||$1,085||22-29 *||13||n/a|
|Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages - Certificate Only||$1,275||9||6||n/a|
|Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages with concentration in Educational Technology with MA||$1,275||18||15||n/a|
|Teaching Reading with Certificate MA||$1,275||15||15||n/a|
|Teaching Reading with Certificate and Credential MA||$1,085||22-28 *||21||n/a|
|Teaching Reading - Certificate Only||$1,275||11||3||n/a|
|Teaching with Credential MAT||$1,085||22-29 *||13||n/a|
|Teaching with Credential -- Catholic School Teaching||$1,085||22-29 *||16||n/a|
|Teaching with Credential - Urban Education & Social Justice (UESJ||$1,085||22-29 *||13||n/a|
☩ McGrath Institute scholarship available for up to 6 units each year
* Actual number of units varies by credential
☙ Completed during second summer
- Tuition rates and fees are subject to change and typically increase slightly each year. Additional tuition and fees may apply, estimate based on anticipated registered hours. More information can be found about tuition and graduate student fees on the university tuition and fees schedule.
- SFUSD Employees entering the Teacher Education or Special Education programs are eligible for a discounted tuition rate if they meet the following criteria:
- candidates are paraprofessionals, emergency-credentialed teachers, or long-term substitute teachers in 2018-19
- candidates will continue to be employed as such (or they become interns) during their enrollment in the USF program in 2019-21
- candidates plan to teach in SFUSD for at least 3 years thereafter
- The USF School of Education offers a 40% reduced Catholic Educator’s Reduced Tuition Rate in order to increase the number and diversity of credentialed teachers in Catholic schools. This tuition rate is available for candidates who are in a teaching credential program or in a Reading Certificate program, and providing a needed service to Catholic schools. For more information, please review the Catholic Educator’s Reduced Tuition rate description.
- Association of Graduate Students USF (AGSUSF) - $35 per semester; $70 per year for all School of Education students.
- Student Health Insurance - Please visit the Health Promotion Service website for complete information.
USF's Student Accounts Office located in the Student Enrollment Services Office offers many payment options to facilitate tuition payment. Accepted methods of payment include personal checks, money orders, and bank wire transfers. The Student Enrollment Services website provides complete information about additional payment options, the payment plan, billing and tuition payment due dates. The Office of Student Accounts in Lone Mountain Room 200 may be reached by phone at (415) 422-2571 or by email at email@example.com.