In addition to its faculty, the USF School of Management is directly tied to the greater business community through invaluable guidance provided by prominent CEOs and executives who serve on the Department's advisory board.
Associate Professor Jonathan Barsky, a teacher in the School of Management for over two decades, is the author of more than 100 articles published in reputable academic and trade journals, and two books including World-Class Customer Satisfaction, now in its 17th year of publication. Dr. Barsky brings to USF internationally recognized research in the field of customer satisfaction, with a focus on the hotel and gaming industries.
Conducting extensive research into the factors that influence...
- Ph.D., Marketing, Golden Gate University, San Francisco, CA, 1991
- M.S., Hotel Restaurant and Travel Administration, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA, 1981
- B.A., Spanish, Minor in...
Professor Shelley Blozis received a doctorate in quantitative psychology from the University of Minnesota. Her expertise in quantitative methods focuses on repeated measures, longitudinal data, and missing data techniques. She has used her expertise to help corporations understand consumer behavior and segmentation, and has consulted for a large metropolitan utility provider and a global corporation to provide consumer insights and forecasting.
Professor Blozis has been a member of multiple...
- PhD, Psychology, University of Minnesota
- MA, Psychology, California State University, Fullerton
- BA, Psychology, California State University, Fullerton
Nicholas Imparato is a professor of marketing and management at the University of San Francisco and formerly a research fellow at the Hoover Institution, Stanford University (1996-2012).
During a lengthy series of special leaves of absence from the university, he held positions as a senior executive and board member at publicly listed (NYSE, NASDAQ) and closely held companies here and in Europe. As a speaker and adviser in over 35 countries with Visa, IBM, and other organizations, Professor...
Stephen Kraus is a recognized expert on consumer insights, with particular expertise in digital media, market research, social trends, affluent consumers, and generational marketing. He is the author of three books, contributor to Forbes, MediaPost& MarTechAdvisor, delivered TEDxtalk, led three highly-respected syndicated research studies, and widely cited in the media.
- PhD, Social Psychology, Harvard University
- BS, Psychology, University of Florida
Assistant Professor Ryan Langan’s research area lies in branding and corporate social responsibility with a focus on understanding how consumers perceive and respond to firms who engage in corporate philanthropy. His current projects explore the potential for corporate giving to elicit feelings of gratitude on the part of consumers. Langan’s research has been published in the Journal of Brand Management, Journal of Business Research and the Encyclopedia of Public Administration and Public...
- PhD, Marketing, University of South Florida
- MBA, Marketing, University of Portland
- BS, Sports Management, University of Wisconsin at La Crosse
Assistant Professor Bhavya Mohan teaches in the marketing department at the School of Management. Her research examines topics related to transparency, disclosure, equity, and marketing ethics. Specifically, her current work investigates how consumer behavior changes when firms reveal inequities in wages. Her research has been featured in media publications such as The Washington Post, Forbes, Fortune, The Guardian, The Atlantic, The Globe and Mail, PBS, Harvard Business Review, and Wall Street...
- Doctor of Business Administration, Marketing, Harvard Business School, Boston, MA, 2016
- Bachelors of Arts, Economics and English with Honors, Stanford University, Stanford, CA
Dr. Nadeem believes in an entrepreneurial mindset and preparing leaders to contribute lasting value to all types of organizations, in all sectors & wherever there are opportunities to make a positive difference for business and society. Professor Nadeem brings not only the academic distinction but also his training, expertise & commitment that demonstrates a passion for community engagement.
Dr. Nadeem's research has won several awards including Best Research Paper Award in Social Analytics...
- Union Institute & University, Ph.D. 2002
- Marketing Intelligence
- International Marketing
- Principles of Marketing
- Consumer Behavior
Anthony Patino is a renowned expert in entertainment, advertising, and promotion, consumer behavior, public policy and marketing analytics. He holds degrees in marketing, business administration, planning and social policy from Duke University, Harvard University, and Temple University. His widely-published research takes him to conferences all over the U.S.
During his career in entertainment, Patino worked in marketing, sales and research at leading entertainment firms like Sony Picture...
- PhD, Business Administration, Marketing, Temple University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 2006
- MBA, Marketing, Duke University, North Carolina, 1991
- MA, Administration, Planning and Social Policy...
Sonja Martin Poole is a pre-eminent thinker, influencing key decision-makers in transformative marketing strategy and public policy. As Professor of Marketing at USF, Professor Poole, pays particular attention in her research, teaching and public commentary to the ways in which marketing transforms individuals, institutions, systems, and societies, and impacts consumer well-being. Her latest research focuses on the role of race in the marketplace and has appeared in a range of academic journals...
- Post-doc, Business, Marketing Emphasis, Tulane University, Freeman School of Business, New Orleans
- PhD, Education Policy, Organization, Measurement and Evaluation, University of California at...
Stephan Sorger is an award-winning serial marketing executive, an adjunct faculty member of several major universities, the author of multiple marketing textbooks, a popular speaker on marketing topics, and a member of several advisory boards.
Mr. Sorger has more than 30 years of marketing, entrepreneurship, finance, and product development experience. His experience includes leadership and hands-on roles at several leading companies, such as Oracle, 3Com, and NASA.
Mr. Sorger is also an...
- MBA, Finance and Technology Management; USC, Los Angeles, California
- MS, Electrical Engineering; USC, Los Angeles, California
- MS, Aerospace Engineering; USC, Los Angeles, California
Sweta Chaturvedi Thota’s work is motivated by the ever-increasing complexity of, and the need to understand, consumers’ psychological and emotional responses to various issues such as pricing, consumer search, and advertising effects. Her research has appeared in several leading national and international journals, including Journal of Consumer Psychology, Journal of Advertising, International Journal of Advertising, and Journal of Consumer Marketing.
Professor Thota motivates students to...
- Louisiana State University, Ph.D. in Marketing, 2004
- FORE School of Management, New Delhi (India), MBA (Marketing Specialization), 1997
- Dayalbagh University, Agra (India), B.S. Chemistry Hons....
- Relative Thinking
- Banner Ads
- Consumer Irritation
Associate Professor Ricardo Villarreal De Silva brings to USF years of experience in consumer behavior research and methodology. He was the lead researcher on two large consumer behavior studies that brought together experts in the advertising industry with his research expertise. That expertise started in multicultural marketing, where his theory of ethnicity provided great insight into understanding U.S. Hispanics’ consumer behavior. Recently, his work has focused on applying sophisticated...
- Ph.D., Advertising, University of Texas at Austin, 2004
- M.B.A., Texas A&M University at Corpus Christi, 1996
- B.A., Business Administration, University of the Incarnate Word at San Antonio, 1992...
- Consumer Behavior
- Media Behavior
- Identity and Branding
- Culture and Marketing
- Research Methodology