Mana Azarm dedicated her career to the continuous development of scalable data pipelines to enable intelligent decision making. With a deep understanding of diverse data architecture paradigms, including relational databases, data warehouses and lakes, multidimensional data cubes, time series optimized data stores, and other emerging paradigms, her current research focuses on Large Language Models (LLM) in development of data pipelines.
Prior to joining USF, Mana devoted over a decade to...
- University of Ottawa, PhD in Electronic Business
- University of Ottawa, MS in Systems Science
- Alzahra University, BBA & MS in Information Technology Management
- Data modeling and data architecture
- Data analytics and information systems
- Data warehousing and lake storage
Associate Professor Kourosh Dadgar specializes in Management Information Systems and Industrial Design. His teaching philosophy is explore, do, and learn. His classes are organically designed and include interactive and participatory business cases that require experiential learning.
Dadgar’s research focuses on the extent of importance human values are to patients with chronic disease and who are impacted by self-management systems. He hopes to both inform policy debates in the national...
- Ph.D, Management Information Systems, Washington State University, Pullman, Washington, 2016
- MA, Industrial and Product Design, Applied Software Engineering (minor), The Ohio State University...
Professor Tom Grossman likes to see non-technical people harness the power of analytics and technology to lead their organizations. His interests include business analytics, spreadsheet engineering, spreadsheet information systems, managerial communication of analytical work, and analysis-driven process improvement.
He spent the early years of his career at an analytics consulting firm working on large-scale systems for operations and planning in the United States and Scandinavia. His...
- PhD, Management Science & Engineering, Stanford University, 1994
- MS, Engineering-Economic Systems, Stanford University, 1985
- BS, Mechanical Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana, 1984
Professor Lacy comes to the School of Management with over three decades of business technology experience. He’s worked for Fortune 100 organizations helping to enrich their business value, opportunities, and competitive advantage through data, business analytics, and information systems.
Professor Lacy currently is the program director for the Management Information Systems graduate program, where he will build upon the program to improve its students’ academic and professional outcomes....
- MS, Information Systems, University of San Francisco
- Certificate with Distinction, Project Management, UC Berkeley
- BS, Management Information Systems, San Francisco State University
Dr. Esmat (Yasi) Sangari serves as an Assistant Professor in Business Analytics and Information Systems. Her research focuses on the applications of operations research, game theory, and optimization algorithms to examine different aspects of design, planning, and operations management in supply chains. Also, she works on pricing and price-matching strategies in omni-channel retail systems. The main goal of her research is to provide actionable insights into profitability and efficiency...
- Northwestern University, Ph.D. in Industrial Engineering and Management Sciences, 2021
- University of Tehran, M.Sc. in Industrial Engineering, 2015
- University of Tehran, B.Sc. in Industrial...
Edward Kreutzer has been working in the field of information and technology for the entirety of his career. His focus has been within the specialties of data architecture, database systems, data management and governance, data warehousing, data systems development, business intelligence, data mining, data science, and artificial intelligence.
His professional engagements have been within such industries as telecommunications, consumer packaged goods, education, nonprofit, entertainment...
- University of San Francisco, MBA, 2002
- University of Colorado, BA, 1988
- Database architecture
- Data mining, data science, artificial intelligence
- Information architecture
- Cloud architecture
Steven Lopez is an Information Technology Specialist with over 20 years of experience in providing consulting leadership roles for San Francisco Bay Area organizations.
Lopez holds a doctorate in Organization and Leadership from USF, and an MBA from the Anderson School of Business at UCLA. He has several years of post-graduate work in the area of Management and Organizational Development at the Institute of Industrial Relations at UCLA.
Prior to the UCLA MBA experience, Lopez worked in a...
Professor Jonathan Reichental is a multiple-award-winning technology and business leader whose career has spanned both the private and public sectors. He’s been a senior software engineering manager, a director of technology innovation, and has served as chief information officer at both O’Reilly Media and the City of Palo Alto, California. He also creates online education for LinkedIn Learning and has published six books on technology-related topics.
- PhD, Information Systems, Nova Southeastern University
- MS, Management Information Systems, Nova Southeastern University
- BS, Computer Information Systems, University of Tampa
- Smart cities
- Blockchain technologies
- Emerging technologies
- Data governance
Professor Rosidi comes to USF School of Management with a broad and deep experience in analytics and information systems. His career has given him experience across consulting, startups, and large organizations, but has always focused on building and leveraging technology and analytics to drive strategic decision-making.
In classes, Professor Rosidi uses real-world examples and problems found in industry. He applies business and analytical theory and concepts to problems found in the industry...
- B.S., Biosystems Engineering, University of California, Davis, 2006
- Ph.D., Biomedical Engineering, Cornell University, 2011