In addition to its Faculty, the USF School of Management is directly linked to the greater business community through invaluable guidance provided by prominent CEOs and executives who serve on our advisory board.
Associate Professor Jonathan Barsky, a teacher in the School of Management for over two decades, is the author of more than 100 articles published in reputable academic and trade journals, and two books including World-Class Customer Satisfaction, now in its 17th year of publication. Dr. Barsky brings to USF internationally recognized research in the field of customer satisfaction, with a focus on the hotel and gaming industries.
Conducting extensive research into the factors that influence...
- Ph.D., Marketing, Golden Gate University, San Francisco, CA, 1991
- M.S., Hotel Restaurant and Travel Administration, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA, 1981
- B.A., Spanish, Minor in Business...
Stephen Kraus is an expert in marketing and consumer insights. He is author of three books and many articles, and has delivered a TedX talk. Particular areas of expertise include digital media, market research, social trends, affluent consumers, and generational marketing. He has led three major syndicated research studies, and his insights are widely cited in the media.
- PhD, Social Psychology, Harvard University
- BS, Psychology, University of Florida
Assistant Professor Ryan Langan’s research area lies in branding and corporate social responsibility with a focus on understanding how consumers perceive and respond to firms who engage in corporate philanthropy. His current projects explore the potential for corporate giving to elicit feelings of gratitude on the part of consumers. Langan’s research has been published in the Journal of Brand Management, Journal of Business Research and the Encyclopedia of Public Administration and Public...
- PhD, Marketing, University of South Florida
- MBA, Marketing, University of Portland
- BS, Sports Management, University of Wisconsin at La Crosse
Anthony Patino is a renowned expert in entertainment, advertising, and promotion, consumer behavior, public policy and marketing analytics. He holds degrees in marketing, business administration, planning and social policy from Duke University, Harvard University, and Temple University. His widely-published research takes him to conferences all over the U.S.
During his career in entertainment, Patino worked in marketing, sales and research at leading entertainment firms like Sony Picture...
- PhD, Business Administration, Marketing, Temple University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 2006
- MBA, Marketing, Duke University, North Carolina, 1991
- MA, Administration, Planning and Social Policy...
Sonja Martin Poole is a pre-eminent thinker, influencing key decision-makers in transformative marketing strategy and public policy. As Professor of Marketing at USF, Professor Poole, pays particular attention in her research, teaching and public commentary to the ways in which marketing transforms individuals, institutions, systems, and societies, and impacts consumer well-being. Her latest research focuses on the role of race in the marketplace and has appeared in a range of academic journals...
- Post-doc, Business, Marketing Emphasis, Tulane University, Freeman School of Business, New Orleans
- PhD, Education Policy, Organization, Measurement and Evaluation, University of California at...
Sweta Chaturvedi Thota’s work is motivated by the ever-increasing complexity of, and the need to understand, consumers’ psychological and emotional responses to various issues such as pricing, consumer search, and advertising effects. Her research has appeared in several leading national and international journals, including Journal of Consumer Psychology, Journal of Advertising, International Journal of Advertising, and Journal of Consumer Marketing.
Professor Thota motivates students to...
- Louisiana State University, Ph.D. in Marketing, 2004
- FORE School of Management, New Delhi (India), MBA (Marketing Specialization), 1997
- Dayalbagh University, Agra (India), B.S. Chemistry Hons. &...
- Relative Thinking
- Banner Ads
- Consumer Irritation
Associate Professor Ricardo Villarreal De Silva brings to USF years of experience in consumer behavior research and methodology. He was the lead researcher on two large consumer behavior studies that brought together experts in the advertising industry with his research expertise. That expertise started in multicultural marketing, where his theory of ethnicity provided great insight into understanding U.S. Hispanics’ consumer behavior. Recently, his work has focused on applying sophisticated...
- PhD, Advertising, University of Texas at Austin, 2004
- MBA, Texas A&M University at Corpus Christi, 1996
- BA, Business Administration, University of the Incarnate Word at San Antonio, 1992
- Consumer Behavior
- Media Behavior
- Identity and Branding
- Culture and Marketing
- Research Methodology
Dr. Kelly Weidner completed her PhD in Marketing at the University of Illinois at Chicago. Kelly's research interests are innovation, marketing strategy, Bottom of the Pyramid markets, fake news, and organizational unlearning. Her research is published in the Journal of Business Research, the Journal of Product Innovation Management, Business Horizons, the Journal of Product and Brand Management and others. Prior to pursuing her PhD, Kelly completed an MBA with an emphasis in Marketing at Depaul...
- University of Illinois at Chicago, PhD in Marketing, 2012
- Depaul University, MBA, 2005
- California State University Chico, BS in Business Administration, 1999