Our faculty are positioned to provide you with an education that focuses on the why as much as on the how. They're researchers who examine the relationships between morality and money, former corporate directors of finance, CPAs, and international business scholars.
Associate Professor Joohyung Ha teaches accounting grounded in the Jesuit principles of educating the whole person with the aim to develop business leaders with high ethical standards. Dr. Ha’s research interests include financial reporting, valuation, market anomaly, and agency costs. She has taught financial and managerial accounting at various universities throughout the country.
Dr. Ha’s current interests are focused on the impact of accounting information on capital markets. Her work...
- Oklahoma State University, PhD in Accounting
- Boston College, MS in Finance
- University of Texas at Austin, MA in Professional Accounting
Assistant Professor Fernando Comiran brings to USF both an enthusiasm for accounting and a philosophy that attempts to integrate real-world application and leading-edge research in the classroom. His research areas of interest include Earnings Management, Accounting Fraud, Voluntary Disclosure, Financial Statement Analysis, and Security Valuation.
Currently, Professor Comiran is focusing his research on individual investor behavior and company incentives to better understand how disclosure...
- Ph.D. Business Administration - Accounting, University of California, Berkeley, Berkeley, CA, 2014
- M.Sc. Finance and Accounting, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil, 2009
Associate Professor Tatiana Fedyk is an experienced financial analyst and consultant who, before teaching at USF, held teaching positions at the University of California at Berkeley and Arizona State University. Her research interests include R&D investments, real earnings management, financial management tools, accounting value relevance, and underlying volatility.
In her teaching, Dr. Fedyk combines her entrepreneurial consulting experience with her technical and business education to give...
- Ph.D., Accounting, University of California at Berkeley, 2008
- C.P.A., Certified Public Accountant, Moscow, Russia, 1996
- M.S., Mechanical Engineering, Moscow State University, 1990
- Ph.D., Accounting & Finance, University of Strathclyde, Scotland, U.K., 1995
- Visiting Ph.D. student, Department of Accounting, New York University, NY, 1992 – 1994
- B.A., Business Administration...
Associate Professor of Accounting John Koeplin shows his deep commitment to USF’s core values through teaching students. As a rigorous academic and devoted educator, Koeplin's work centers on ethics in accounting and the teaching of Jesuit and Catholic business education.
Prior to his arrival at the University of San Francisco in 1998, Koeplin worked at Hood and Strong, Certified Public Accountants, as a tax accountant at ROLM Corporation, and as an accounting instructor at Santa Clara...
- Ph.D., Accounting, University of North Texas, TX, 1998
- M.A., Divinity and Theology, Regis School of Theology, Denver, CO, 1991 (Ordained Roman Catholic Priest, June 1991)
- M.B.A., Taxation, Golden...
- Member of the Board of Trustees, Downtown College Preparatory School (San Jose) (2016-current)
Diane Roberts, Professor of Accounting, is motivated by a deep concern for unethical financial reporting and non-transparent corporate accounting, considering the potential for catastrophic effects on the environment, community trust, and the global economy.
Having long been interested in environmental issues and professional accounting, Roberts engages her students in discussions that address both honorable and unlawful corporate practices, as well as historical cases that will naturally...
- PhD, Accounting from the University of California, Irvine
- MS, Accounting from California State University, Sacramento
- BA, Economics, University of California, Davis
Associate Professor Todd Sayre is a highly accomplished academic whose research examines ethics in financial accounting and sustainable, socially responsible business. Dr. Sayre is a Certified Public Accountant with a Ph.D. in Business Administration, as well as holding additional professional certification in sustainability reporting, which was granted by the Global Reporting Initiative.
Dr. Sayre’s recent articles turn the lens on topical issues in the digital space, exploring the...
- Ph.D., Business Administration, Major: Accounting; Minor: Judgment and Decision Making, University of Arizona, 1995
- University of San Francisco, MA in Education, 2001
- St. Patrick's Seminary and University, Master of Divinity, 1996 and MA Theology, 1998
- University of California, Berkeley, MBA, 1983
- Nonprofit accounting and finance