Professor J.P. Allen is a pioneering researcher and educator in the field of online/internet business, specializing in open technologies and the digital transformation of organizations and society. He is the author of Digital Entrepreneurship and Technology and Inequality: Concentrated Wealth in a Digital World.
As founding chair of the Technology, Innovation, and Entrepreneurship Department, Dr. Allen pioneered the development of internet business classes, which guide non-technical...
- PhD, Information and Computer Science, University of California, Irvine, 1995
- MS, Information and Computer Science, University of California, Irvine, 1993
- MA (Cantab), Honorary Degree, University...
Professor Mark V. Cannice is an internationally recognized scholar, teacher, and speaker on entrepreneurship and venture capital. He is a Professor with the University of San Francisco, School of Management.
Cannice writes the widely-followed quarterly Silicon Valley Venture Capitalist Confidence Index Report® which is published by ProQuest and EBSCO, indexed globally on Bloomberg Professional Services in 170 countries (Bloomberg ticker symbol: SVVCCI), and has been referenced in the...
- Ph.D., Indiana University (1997)
- M.S., Indiana University (1996)
- MBA, University of San Francisco (1992)
- B. S., United States Naval Academy (1984)
Roger Chen brings to USF forward-thinking expertise in the fields of corporate innovation and growth, competition and global strategy - areas he views as entirely interdependent. By developing a balanced approach to his research endeavors - devoting equal time and effort between pure quantitative/academic research and case research methods - Dr. Chen embodies academic rigor, benefiting his students, fellow academics, global corporations and communities with his egalitarian work philosophy.
- Ph.D., Strategy and International Management, University of Texas at Dallas, 1996
- M.S., Industrial Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China, 1986
- B.S., Operations Management, Shanghai...
Assistant Professor Johnathan Cromwell's research focuses on how people collaborate with each other as they define, solve, and change problems while working on creativity and innovation projects in organizations. This work helps advance a nascent theoretical framework called "dynamic problem solving," which aims to explain when, why, and how people can fluidly shift between different models of problem-solving as they work within various constraints in organizations.
- Harvard Business School, DBA Management, 2018
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology, S.B. in Chemical-Biological Engineering, 2009
- Organizational behavior
Associate Professor Monika Hudson successfully blends professional experience in the public sector with deep community involvement, teaching and research. She brings to life USF's commitment to provide students with challenging academic programs, preparing them to activate positive change in the workplace and in society. Her fields of expertise include entrepreneurship, organizational behavior, management and all aspects of public administration.
Professor Hudson's development as a teacher...
- EdD candidate, Education, University of San Francisco
- DM, Management, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH
- MBA, University of San Francisco
- BS, Communications Studies and Political...
- Organizational behavior
- Public administration
Associate Professor June Y. Lee specializes in entrepreneurship and innovation in emerging economies. More specifically, she researches how firms learn and innovate under different institutional environments. Her research and teaching agenda has been sharpened by her industry experiences in entrepreneurship, business, and technology.
Lee earned her PhD from Stanford University. Her dissertation, titled Business Groups and Internationalization, explored how business groups from emerging...
- Ph.D., Management Science & Engineering, Stanford University, Stanford, CA
- M.S., Management Science & Engineering, Stanford University, Stanford, CA
- A.B., Mathematics, Bryn Mawr College, Bryn Mawr...
Professor Sun-Young Park draws from her extensive academic and professional expertise in strategy, corporate social responsibility, branding, and marketing. She strives to help her students develop and practice more sustainable business models.
As a former management consultant for a leading multinational firm, Dr. Park has advised global companies and national government agencies in both the Asia Pacific and U.S. Additionally, she produced financial and marketing assessment reports to...
- PhD, Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas
- MPA. University of Hawaii at Manoa, Honolulu, Hawaii
- BA, Ewha Woman’s University, Seoul, Korea
Dr. Liang Wang’s cross-disciplinary research encompasses entrepreneurship, innovation, and global strategy, with a focus on emerging markets. His work appears in leading academic outlets such as the Academy of Management Journal, Strategic Management Journal, Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, and Journal of World Business, among others. He has co-edited the Journal of Business Ethics special issue “Co-evolution of Strategy, Innovation and Ethics,” Multinational Business Review special issue...
- PhD, Policy/Strategic Management, Schulich School of Business, York University, Canada
- MA, Economics, School of Economics, Peking University, China
- BA, Economics, School of Economics, Peking...
- New venture creation/growth
- Industry cluster
- Emerging market
Professor Xiaohua Yang teaches international business and is the founding director of the China Business Studies Initiative in the School of Management at the USF. She specializes in the internationalization of Chinese firms, MNE corporate social responsibility and sustainable development, international R&D strategic alliances, and foreign market entry strategies. She has taught and lectured in the USA, Australia, China, Taiwan, and Europe, and is a recipient of multiple Best Paper Awards from...
- Ph.D., International Business/Strategic Management, School of Business, University of Kansas
- M.S., College of Business Administration, Iowa State University
- B.A., Shanghai University of...