Shivani Shukla works in the fields of Operations Research, Statistics, and Game Theory. Her research is in security investment issues in the realm of supply chains and logistical networks that examine the financial and strategic implications of cooperation among various entities of the networks. In addition to the applied benefits, her goal is to make methodological contributions to successfully bring together optimization and game theoretic techniques in presence of uncertainty.
Her work has led to publications in some of the prominent journals like European Journal of Operational Research, Annals of Operations Research, and Transportation Research Part E. She received a B.S. and M.S. in Statistics from India, and a PhD in Management Science from University of Massachusetts Amherst. Besides academia, she has industry exposure with multiple years of experience working in the consulting sector and an industrial research lab based out of Palo Alto.
- Program Director, Business Analytics Major and Minor
- University of Massachusetts, PhD in Management Science, 2017
- Gujarat University, MS in Statistics, 2009
Awards & Distinctions
- Distinguished Research Award for Tenure-track Faculty, University of San Francisco, School of Management, 2019
- Nagurney, A., Shukla, S., Nagurney, L., Saberi, S. (2018). A Game Theory for Freight Service Provision Security Investment for High Value Cargo. Economics of Transportation.
- Nagurney, A., Shukla, S. (2017). Multifirm models of cybersecurity investment competition vs. cooperation and network vulnerability. European Journal of Operational Research, 260(2), 588-600.
- Nagurney, A., Daniele, P., Shukla, S. (2017). A supply chain network game theory model of cybersecurity investments with nonlinear budget constraints. Annals of Operations Research, 248(1-2), 405-427.
- Nagurney, A., Nagurney, L. S., Shukla, S. (2015). A supply chain game theory framework for cybersecurity investments under network vulnerability. Computation, cryptography, and network security (pp. 381-398). Springer International Publishing.
- Nagurney, A., Saberi, S., Shukla, S., Floden, J. (2015). Supply chain network competition in price and quality with multiple manufacturers and freight service providers. Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, 77, 248-267.