Xiaoya (Sara) Ding
Xiaoya (Sara) Ding, PhD, CFA, teaches Principles of Finance and International Financial Management at USF. Ding’s research spans international finance, corporate finance, and asset pricing. Her work has been published in numerous highly respected academic journals, including Journal of Banking and Finance, Journal of Corporate Finance, Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Journal of Empirical Finance, etc. Ding is a recipient of best-paper awards at the Asian Finance Association Conference and China Goes Global Conference and the Outstanding Research Award from the USF School of Management.
- International finance
- Corporate finance
- Empirical asset pricing
- PhD, Finance, School of Business, Queen’s University, Canada
- MA, Economics, College of Business and Economics, University of Guelph, Canada
- MA, Finance, School of Economics, Nankai University, China
- BA, Finance, School of Economics, Nankai University, China
Awards & Distinctions
- Outstanding Teaching Award, University of San Francisco School of Management, 2021
- Special Issue Guest Editor, Chinese Economy, 2019-2020
- Outstanding Research Award, University of San Francisco School of Management, 2017
- Special Issue Guest Editor, Chinese Economy, 2014-2015
- Best Paper Award at the China Goes Global Annual Conference, Cambridge, MA, 2011
- Best Paper Award at the Asian Finance Association International Conference, Hong Kong, 2010
- Rjiba, H., Saadi, S., Boubaker, S. and Ding, X., 2021. Annual report readability and the cost of equity capital. Journal of Corporate Finance, 67, p.101902.
- Ding, X., Guo, M. and Yang, T., 2021. Air pollution, local bias, and stock returns. Finance Research Letters, 39, p.101576.
- Ding, X., Guedhami, O., Ni, Y., and Pittman, J.A., 2020. Local and foreign institutional investors, information asymmetries, and state ownership. Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, 63, p.101405.
- Ding, X., Ni, Y. and Zhong, L., 2016. Free float and market liquidity around the world, Journal of Empirical Finance, 38(A), pp.236-257.
- Ding, X., Ni, Y., Rahman, A. and Saadi, S., 2015. Housing price growth and the cost of equity capital. Journal of Banking & Finance, 61, pp.283-300.