Professor Burd has worked in the medical device industry for the last 16 years, leading software engineering and data science teams. He's developed automated robotic surgery and diagnostic systems, and created machine learning models for computer vision and real-time analytics.
Professor Burd brings scenarios and examples from industry into the classroom, and applies a mix of theory and hands-on learning to solve real-world problems.
- Data Science
- Software Engineering
- Business Analytics
- University of San Francisco, MBA, 2014
- Santa Clara University, MS Software Engineering, 2005
- Sonoma State University, BS Applied Mathematics, 1994
- Technical Product Manager, Abbott Diabetes Care
- Data Science Manager, Delta Analytics
- Staff Software Engineer, Procept BioRobotics