The application process is entirely online. No items need to be mailed, upload all of your application items to your application account.
- Create an account. Then, complete the application at your own pace.
- Ensure that your uploaded documents are easy to view online.
- Complete all required sections.
- Save often, submit once. You may access and update your application as many times as you like before submission. You are encouraged to submit your completed application a few weeks before the deadline.
For requirements for all School of Education programs, visit the general admission requirements page.
For international students, please visit the international student requirements page.
- Completed online application with non-refundable $55 application fee.
- One set of unofficial transcripts from each university/college previously attended. For U.S. applicants, the degree must be from a regionally accredited university/college. An applicant with a pending degree must provide official verification of expected degree completion from institution's Registrar or school official. An undergraduate degree is required to apply to a master's program. A master's degree is required to apply for a doctoral program. Please note: if admitted you will need to submit official transcripts prior to enrolling.
- Applicants must have earned their Bachelor's and/or Masters' degrees from a regionally accredited institution. They must provide a background of academic preparation and/or professional experience that demonstrates their ability to pursue graduate level programs.
- Recommended GPA of 3.0 from a graduate program.
- Two current letters of recommendation, noting suitability for graduate work.
- Current résumé.
- Statement of Intent: The EdD in O&L prepares leaders to transform themselves and organizations, broadly defined, across K-12, higher education, and community contexts by creating knowledge that informs research and practice for justice. To help the admissions committee understand your alignment with this goal, please submit two statements that speak to your interest and fit with the O&L program:
- Personal statement (suggested length: 1-2 pages): How have your background and experience motivated you to seek an EdD in Organization and Leadership at the University of San Francisco?
- Research / Professional Interest Statement (suggested length: 1 page): What are potential areas of interest for your doctoral studies and how does this align with the O&L program at USF? Further, how do these interests align with your professional goals?"
In addition to the general application requirements, doctoral applicants must also submit an MA thesis (excerpt or complete copy) or graduate level paper.
Note to all Doctoral Applicants: The initial admission to a School of Education doctoral program is a preliminary decision. During their first year, students develop a portfolio in order to demonstrate competence in research methodology and department-specific content. Completion of portfolio requirements is necessary for final admission into a doctoral program.