The school’s mission is to act collectively and leverage our resources in ways that are driven by our Jesuit mission and responsive to our constituents’ needs. We strive to have measurable impact in schools and communities, particularly for those most affected by injustice.
The School of Education's (SOE) strategic priorities were defined by SOE faculty and staff through a collaborative process of exploration and imagination along four identified priorities:
- Supporting advancement and well-being of faculty, staff and students,
- Building institutional capacity for improved governance, communication and financial health,
- Strengthening the collective within and outside of the School of Education, and
- Amplifying our unique contributions within the field of education.
We were awarded accreditation for the next seven years, the longest renewal period available. We will continue to offer all of its credential programs and may propose new programs as well.
- Deeper Community Partnerships
- Meaningful Service
- Social Justice Mission
- Student, Faculty, and Staff Well Being and Advancement
- Intensify Fundraising
- Clear Processes
- Shared Governance
- Engaged Scholarship
Advancing Justice Through Education
Reading reality and analyzing possibilities at locations throughout Northern California.
- Systematic Striving
- Counter Hegemonic Practices
- Cura Personalis
- Critical Reflection
- Humanizing Frameworks
- Transformative Action
- Center for Humanizing Education and Research
- Institutional Capacity and Structural Support
- School and Community Partnerships
- United Vision and Frameworks
- Enhanced Governance and Communication