Program Director Seba is a serial tech entrepreneur, experienced global corporate executive, innovator, and educator at the intersection of fintech and digital health. He draws his teachings from over twenty-five years of practice in both tech-driven large multinationals and Silicon Valley startups in highly regulated industries, and from a rigorous education at Yale’s and Stanford University’s graduate programs.
His courses include Global Health Informatics, in collaboration with the...
- Stanford University, Master of International Policy Studies (IPS)
- Yale University Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Digital Transformation
- Technology Innovation
- New Business Models
- Digital Health, FinTech and BigTech
- Global Ecosystems
Dr. Bosl was a scientific software developer at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory and completed his (first) PhD in computational geophysics at Stanford. In 2005 he moved to the Computational Health Informatics Program in Boston. It was a joint program between Boston Children’s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, and MIT. There he began research in neuroscience and biomedical informatics.
In 2013 he joined USF as the founding director of a new master’s program in Health Informatics, where...
- Boston University, PhD in Behavioral Neuroscience, 2016
- Stanford University, PhD in Geophysics, 1999
- MA, Mathematics, University of Pittsburgh
- MS, Atmospheric Physics, University of Michigan
- Clinical Neurophysiology and Neuroscience
- Autism and Epilepsy
- Machine Learning
- EEG and Signal Analysis
- Nonlinear Dynamics
Ruth Amos, RN, JD, chairs the Health Informatics Advisory Board and is an adjunct professor teaching Policy and Ethics Considerations in Health Informatics. Her interests include following and anticipating healthcare public policy and business decision trends in the digital age, and she was recently appointed to serve on the HIMSS Legal Task Force.
She has extensive background in healthcare as a Registered Nurse, Attorney, and Informatics specialist and is currently a consultant with Ernst &...
- Juris Doctor
- Registered Nurse
Nitie is a Systems Data Manager, focused on solving problems with Machine Learning, Data Science, Digital health, System Engineering and Human Factors. He draws his teachings from several years of experience in cross functional roles within multiple companies including Motorola, Huawei, Fossil Systems, and Motive Medical Intelligence. He enjoys working on all stages of data science, from identifying patterns in data to deploying models and building tools. He's passionate about Jesuit philosophy...
- University of San Francisco, MS in Health Informatics
- University of Portsmouth, MS in Communications Systems Network Planning and Management
- University of Benin, B.Eng in Electrical Electronic...
- Statistical computing
- Machine learning
- Natural language processing
- Data analytics
- EEG and signal analysis
Patricia’s expertise is informed by roles ranging from Director of Data Analytics and Research at Digbi Health to Software Engineer at Ebates.com to Assistant/Associate Professor at USF. Her students are co-authors of her peer-reviewed journal articles, with work presented at conferences and published as web and mobile apps.
She and her students are working on an NIH project to identify actionable genomic factors influencing racial disparity in cancer outcomes. Their outside collaborations...
- PhD, Computer Science with emphasis on Computational Biology, University of California at Davis
- Data analytics and machine learning: R, Python, SQL scripting
- Bioinformatics: genomics, microbiome, proteomics
- Electronic Health Records
- Software Development: Java, C++
Born and raised in the San Francisco Bay Area, John Gomes started working in Silicon Valley as a computer operator in 1979. John has previously worked at Apple, Atari, Cisco, ROLM, WebEx, and is presently at Google. He has also worked at various startup companies such as AlphaSmart, Cidco, Cooliris, Dash Navigation, ePlanet, Flip Video and Vertical Networks. John focuses on software quality and technical program management using development and release methodologies such as Agile, Test Driven...
- Villanova University, MS in Cybersecurity, 2017
- Bellevue University, BS in Information Systems, 2002
- Community College of the Air Force, AAS in Data Processing, 1986
- Software Quality
- Technical Program Management
- Software Development and Release Methodologies
Tanzir is an experienced data scientist with a background in the healthcare domain. He has more than 10 years of teaching experience.
Tanzir is proficient in scripting languages, data extraction, and model building. He built innovative analytics solutions through the development and deployment of machine learning algorithms, developed data solutions to support pharma/drug development, and distilled insights from data to answer broad scientific questions by creating interactive visualization...
- University of San Francisco, MS in Health Informatics, 2017
- University of Dhaka, MPH, 2009
- University of Dhaka, Bachelor in Dental Surgery, 2002
- Electronic Health Record
- Statistical Analysis
- Natural Language Processing
- Machine Learning and AI
- Software Development
Ketan was a co-founder of Root-1, Inc., a 2 year-old education technology startup that was acquired by Edmodo in March 2013. As part of the executive team at Edmodo, Ketan oversaw various areas of business. Prior to that, he was also the CEO and co-founder of AlphaSmart, Inc (IPO, NASDAQ in February 2004). Prior to co-founding AlphaSmart, Ketan worked as part of Apple’s staff, where he contributed to the success of several key products and services. He is also a member of the Advancement Council...
- Brigham Young University, MBA, 1989
- Brigham Young University, BS in Electrical Engineering, 1987
Professor Sarafrazi is a data scientist working in biotech industry. She enjoys working on all stages of data science, from identifying patterns in data to deploying models and building tools. Her areas of interest include health, nutrition, genomics, economics, and financial markets. She's passionate about teaching and making concepts easy to understand.
- University of San Francisco, MS in Health Informatics, 2019
- Drexel University, Ph.D. in Economics, 2015
- Machine Learning and Deep Learning
- Natural Language Processing
- Data Analytics of Genomics Data
- Statistics and Econometrics