The Bilingual Authorization Certification Program Philosophy
- Recognize the language rights of Spanish-speaking students
- View bilingualism as an asset
- Meet instructional needs of bilingual learners in bilingual & English language settings
- Support and promote primary-language programs for bilingual students
- Understand methodological practices that support the first and second language
acquisition of Spanish-speaking students
- Hilltop Schedule: Courses meet for 10 weeks on Wednesday evenings from 7:30-10 p.m.
- Additional Location Schedule (Santa Rosa, South Bay, Sacramento & Pleasanton): Courses meet online in an asynchronous format.
Bilingual Authorization candidates are required to pass the USF Bilingual Authorization exam and take two additional courses alongside their credential program.
Fall only: Language & Culture of Emphasis - Spanish
Spring only: Methods & Materials in the Language of Emphasis - Spanish