The University of San Francisco has a wonderful program that focuses on the practical side of teaching special education, putting the theory to use in our classrooms. The teachers equipped us with good teaching strategies and practices, and counseled us through the challenges of teaching special needs kids. I enjoyed my learning experience and made great friends through the program.
Helen Tam Special Education Program Alumna
- Paid teaching positions with Northern California public schools throughout the duration of program
- Extensive supervision and mentoring, on the job and in class, providing the support to meet job, program, and state requirements
- Close-knit cohort program with small, personalized classes that emphasize theory to practice grounded in culturally responsive pedagogy and universal design for learning
- Program pathways for candidates who are new to the profession and who already hold a teaching credential
- Can be combined with our Bilingual Authorization Certification which prepares Spanish-bilingual teachers to be strong advocates for Bilingual Education