The application process is entirely online. No items need to be mailed, upload all of your application items to your application account.
- Create an account. Then, complete the application at your own pace.
- Ensure that your uploaded documents are easy to view online.
- Complete all required sections.
- Save often, submit once. You may access and update your application as many times as you like before submission. You are encouraged to submit your completed application a few weeks before the deadline.
- Completed online application with non-refundable $55 application fee.
- One set of unofficial transcripts from each university/college previously attended. For U.S. applicants, the degree must be from a regionally accredited university/college. An applicant with a pending degree must provide official verification of expected degree completion from institution's Registrar or school official. An undergraduate degree is required to apply to a master's program. A master's degree is required to apply for a doctoral program. Please note: if admitted you will need to submit official transcripts prior to enrolling.
- Applicants must have earned their Bachelor's and/or Masters' degrees from a regionally accredited institution. They must provide a background of academic preparation and/or professional experience that demonstrates their ability to pursue graduate level programs.
- MA and Credential applicants: Recommended GPA of 2.75.
- Two current letters of recommendation, noting suitability for graduate work.
- Current résumé.
- A Statement of Intent - Applicants should address how they will support and advocate for culturally and linguistically diverse K - 12 students with mild to moderate disabilities. In addition, they should outline the purpose for seeking admission to the Special Education MA/Credential program; including career and academic goals.
- Basic Skills Requirement (BSR) & Subject Matter Competency (SMR)
Applicants are eligible to apply and be offered admission to USF before they complete the Basic Skills Requirement (BSR) or the Subject Matter Requirement (SMR) — formerly referred to as the CSET requirement.
If offered admission, USF will evaluate your previous coursework to determine if you have already met the BSR or SMR requirements. Please note that we do not review coursework prior to admission.
Note: International students who will study on a F-1 student visa must complete the BSR and SMR requirements prior to applying to a USF credential program. Contact email@example.com if you have questions about these requirements.