Dr. Genevieve Negrón-Gonzales is an interdisciplinary scholar of immigration and education. Her academic, activist and community work focuses on the ways undocumented young people are changing the political and legislative terrain around “illegality” and belonging in this country. Her work lies at the intersection of education, immigration, and social movements. She is the co-author of Encountering Poverty: Thinking and Acting in an Unequal World (2016, University of California Press) and co...
- M.A. & Ph.D. in Social and Cultural Studies in Education, University of California at Berkeley
Dr. Smith is the founder and former Director of the TryUMF (pronounced "triumph") program in his hometown of Oakland, CA and formerly served as the Co-Director/Principal of the June Jordan School for Equity in San Francisco.
He has served as a trainer and administrative coach in local school districts as well as a Center Director under the Foundation for California Community Colleges — the system for which he still consults as a trainer for the statewide Professional Learning Network...
- San Francisco State University, Ed.D. in Educational Leadership, 2012
- New College of California, MA in Humanities 2006
- UC Santa Cruz , BA in Sociology, 1996
Desiree Zerquera is an Assistant Professor for Higher Education and Student Affairs in the Department of Leadership Studies. Born and raised in Miami, Florida to Cuban parents, she pursued her bachelor's degree in Mathematics and master's degree in Educational Leadership at the University of Florida before attending Indiana University to pursue her PhD in Higher Education and Student Affairs. Desiree Zerquera has worked as a researcher, student affairs practitioner, and higher education...
- PhD, Higher Education and Student Affairs, Indiana University-Bloomington
Professor Brunson graduated from USF’s School of Education in 2013 and has been working in the field of higher education and student affairs ever since, specifically within the realm of academic support services. After serving as the assistant director of peer learning in the Student Success Center at the University of South Carolina, Rachel returned "home" to the Hilltop to work in USF’s Learning Center.
Professor Brunson is passionate about enriching student success and impacting student...
- University of San Francisco, EdD in Organization and Leadership, in progress
- University of San Francisco, MA in Organization and Leadership with an emphasis in Higher Education and Student...
- Peer Leadership
- Academic Support Services
- Student-Athlete Support Services