Still Accepting for Fall
Applications are accepted after the priority deadline on a space-available basis
The social justice education component is something that I value most about the HESA program. Joining a program that would afford me the opportunity to merge theory and practice was essential to my decision to attend USF.
Higher Education & Student Affairs MA Alumna
- Hands-on Learning – Each HESA student has the opportunity to do an internship and practicum placement at USF or other Bay Area institutions.
- Develop a Strong Foundation – Our professional orientation integrates theoretical frameworks, student affairs practice, and lived experience.
- Contextualize – Critically analyze experiences and challenges facing marginalized students across higher education contexts.
- Become an Advocate – Transform spaces within higher education to enact more equitable outcomes for all students.
- Prepare to Succeed – HESA graduates have a high job placement in relevant student affairs positions.