- PhD, Special Education, University of Virginia, Charlottesville
Xornam Apedoe is an associate professor in the Department of Learning and Instruction at the University of San Francisco. Her research has generally been focused on new areas of STEM learning (e.g., how to integrate engineering into science classrooms) and strategies for addressing the inequities of who participates in STEM+C (computer science) learning environments (e.g., the use of real-world design problems that both deepen science and are compelling topics to diverse students). She has a PhD...
- University of Georgia, Ph.D. in Instructional Technology, 2005
- University of Alberta, BSc. (Honors) in Psychology, 2001
Patricia Busk is a Professor in the Learning and Instruction Department, beginning at USF in the Counseling Psychology Department. She has been a visiting professor in the School of Education at the University of California at Berkeley and prior to USF faculty, she was an Assistant Professor at Michigan State University.
- PhD, Quantitative Methods in Educational Psychology, University of Wisconsin, Madison
Nicola McClung was a teacher in San Francisco public schools for eight years prior to receiving her doctorate at the University of California, Berkeley. Her research focuses on critical literacy and multiliteracies during early childhood, and she examines children’s literature and identity development for students who are often marginalized in print. She is also interested in critical quantitative research and the use of statistics to promote equity and social change. She is cofounder of Xóchit...
- PhD, Human Development and Education, University of California, Berkeley
- MA, Human Development and Education, University of California, Berkeley
- Teaching Credential, Educational Specialist, San...
Devanshi completed her doctoral work in the Graduate School of Education at UC Berkeley. Her research focuses on the use of technologies as tools for learning in various contexts with a focus on inclusive education. Devanshi has taught several courses in various departments at Santa Rosa Junior College, San Francisco State University, and UC Berkeley. Prior to entering her PhD program Devanshi taught preschool through second grade classrooms in the US and India and was a Prek-12 special educator...
- UC Berkeley, PhD in Education, 2022
- UC Berkeley, MA in Education, 2017
- Tufts University, MA in Child Development, 2013
- Denison University, BA in Psychology and Educational Studies, 2011
- Digital literacies
- Designing innovative spaces for online teaching & learning
- Information and communication technologies for development
Cheryl Hendrickson has been an educator in public schools for over 20 years. She currently works as an inclusion specialist, ensuring that all students have access to the education they deserve. Teaching opportunities have included providing special education services to students in California and Nebraska public schools, teaching middle school in England, and teaching literacy to adults in San Francisco County Jails.
- University of San Francisco, MA in Education, 2009
- University of Nebraska, BA in Education, 2001
- Special Education
- Universal Design for Learning
- Curriculum Modifications K-12
- Universal Design for Learning
- Culturally Relevant Pedagogy