Devanshi completed her doctoral work in the Graduate School of Education at UC Berkeley. Her research focuses on the use of technologies as tools for learning in various contexts with a focus on inclusive education. Devanshi has taught several courses in various departments at Santa Rosa Junior College, San Francisco State University, and UC Berkeley. Prior to entering her PhD program Devanshi taught preschool through second grade classrooms in the US and India and was a Prek-12 special educator...
- UC Berkeley, PhD in Education, 2022
- UC Berkeley, MA in Education, 2017
- Tufts University, MA in Child Development, 2013
- Denison University, BA in Psychology and Educational Studies, 2011
- Digital literacies
- Designing innovative spaces for online teaching & learning
- Information and communication technologies for development
Quinn is a Director of Computational Thinking Research at the national education non-profit Digital Promise in San Mateo. His research at Digital Promise examines the effectiveness of different activities by which to introduce students to programming and how computational thinking (CT) can support core curricula coursework. His research has been supported by a number of state and federal grants, including awards from the National Science Foundation and the US Department of Education. He has...
- University of Pennsylvania, EdD in Learning Sciences, 2012
- Columbia University, MA in English Literature, 2003
- Boston College, BA in English, 1999
Joy Lopez is the Director of Technology at Sacred Heart Schools in Atherton, CA. She oversees the technology department for preschool through high school. Sacred Heart has iPads in carts for grades 1-4, and 1:1 iPads in grades 6-12. Sacred Heart Prep's iPad program is an Apple Distinguished Program for 2012-2013.
Before Sacred Heart, Dr. Lopez launched the one-to-one program at Bishop O'Dowd High School in Oakland, CA and launched their first online courses. She has been instrumental in...
- EdD, Educational Technology, Pepperdine University
MaryHelen Sherman is an accomplished Educational Technology professional with a passion for using technology to close the United States educational gap among low-income and underrepresented students. MaryHelen began her career as a teacher with San Francisco Unified School District, it was this experience that inspired her to pursue her Master's in Educational Technology at the University of San Francisco.
After obtaining her degree she quickly rose through the ranks to become an Educational...
- University of San Francisco, MA in Educational Technology, 2020
- UC Santa Cruz, BA in Cultural Anthropology, 2006
Professionally, Kevin is passionate about learning new methods of instruction to further enhance the learning experience inside the classroom – live or online. He finds great joy in coming across what already works and putting his own KZ-twist to it. Personally, Kevin is constantly enthralled by the latest technologies and seeing how they may be utilized as supplemental material for students, colleagues, and himself.
- University of San Francisco, MA in TESOL with ETK, 2019
- University of California, Davis, BA in Design, 2017
- Online tools and apps
- Distance, online, blended learning
- Project-based learning