- PhD, Special Education, University of Virginia, Charlottesville
Xornam Apedoe is an associate professor in the Department of Learning and Instruction at the University of San Francisco. Her research has generally been focused on new areas of STEM learning (e.g., how to integrate engineering into science classrooms) and strategies for addressing the inequities of who participates in STEM+C (computer science) learning environments (e.g., the use of real-world design problems that both deepen science and are compelling topics to diverse students). She has a PhD...
- University of Georgia, Ph.D. in Instructional Technology, 2005
- University of Alberta, BSc. (Honors) in Psychology, 2001
Devanshi completed her doctoral work in the Graduate School of Education at UC Berkeley. Her research focuses on the use of technologies as tools for learning in various contexts with a focus on inclusive education. Devanshi has taught several courses in various departments at Santa Rosa Junior College, San Francisco State University, and UC Berkeley. Prior to entering her PhD program Devanshi taught preschool through second grade classrooms in the US and India and was a Prek-12 special educator...
- UC Berkeley, PhD in Education, 2022
- UC Berkeley, MA in Education, 2017
- Tufts University, MA in Child Development, 2013
- Denison University, BA in Psychology and Educational Studies, 2011
- Digital literacies
- Designing innovative spaces for online teaching & learning
- Information and communication technologies for development
Quinn is a Director of Computational Thinking Research at the national education non-profit Digital Promise in San Mateo. His research at Digital Promise examines the effectiveness of different activities by which to introduce students to programming and how computational thinking (CT) can support core curricula coursework. His research has been supported by a number of state and federal grants, including awards from the National Science Foundation and the US Department of Education. He has...
- University of Pennsylvania, EdD in Learning Sciences, 2012
- Columbia University, MA in English Literature, 2003
- Boston College, BA in English, 1999
Joy Lopez is the Director of Technology at Sacred Heart Schools in Atherton, CA. She oversees the technology department for preschool through high school. Sacred Heart has iPads in carts for grades 1-4, and 1:1 iPads in grades 6-12. Sacred Heart Prep's iPad program is an Apple Distinguished Program for 2012-2013.
Before Sacred Heart, Dr. Lopez launched the one-to-one program at Bishop O'Dowd High School in Oakland, CA and launched their first online courses. She has been instrumental in...
- EdD, Educational Technology, Pepperdine University
MaryHelen Sherman is an accomplished Educational Technology professional with a passion for using technology to close the United States educational gap among low-income and underrepresented students. MaryHelen began her career as a teacher with San Francisco Unified School District, it was this experience that inspired her to pursue her Master's in Educational Technology at the University of San Francisco.
After obtaining her degree she quickly rose through the ranks to become an Educational...
- University of San Francisco, MA in Educational Technology, 2020
- UC Santa Cruz, BA in Cultural Anthropology, 2006
Kevin Zaragoza has been coined a “jack of all trades.” Bringing his passion for technology, design, and instruction into the ESL classroom fulfills his days after joining the English for Art Purposes (EAP) department at Academy of Art University in spring 2020.
Aside from teaching, Kevin also works as a webmaster for the College of Alameda LSLA department and provides his own private trainings/consultations in multiple subjects that fall under ESL, technology, and design. He stays heavily up...
- University of San Francisco, MA in TESOL with ETK, 2019
- University of California, Davis, BA in Design, 2017