MaryHelen Sherman is an accomplished Educational Technology professional with a passion for using technology to close the United States educational gap among low-income and underrepresented students. MaryHelen began her career as a teacher with San Francisco Unified School District, it was this experience that inspired her to pursue her Master's in Educational Technology at the University of San Francisco.
After obtaining her degree she quickly rose through the ranks to become an Educational Policy Analyst with the Department of Technology.
In 2022, MaryHelen decided to pursue their passion for teaching and joined the faculty at the University of San Francisco. She is currently teaching a web design course and enjoys mentoring students as they work towards their own careers in Educational Technology. In addition to their teaching responsibilities, MaryHelen is also a prolific curriculum designer and has created materials for the Golden Gate Parks, SFUSD, and the American Indian Educational Program within SFUSD.
- University of San Francisco, MA in Educational Technology, 2020
- UC Santa Cruz, BA in Cultural Anthropology, 2006
- Educational Policy Analyst, User Success, San Francisco Unified School District
- Technology Coach, Willie Brown Middle School, San Francisco
- Multiple Subject/Computer Science Teacher 7th-12th, San Francisco Unified School District