Master of Public Health (MPH)
Our classrooms extend beyond campus borders and embody California's forward-thinking approach to public health advocacy and community outreach.
We offer multiple locations and concentration options: Community and Public Health Practice, Health Policy Leadership and Behavioral Health
Master of Public Health (MPH)
Introducing our new MPH in Applied Epidemiology & Population Health Methods
The Master of Public Health (MPH) program is grounded in education of the whole person and prepares future public health leaders to be change agents and advocates for social justice and health equity.
Through rigorous coursework, fieldwork, and research opportunities, students develop a strong practice-based skill set to improve population health at local, state, national, and global levels. This is a two year program with enrollment beginning in the fall and courses offered year-round. Hybrid and online program formats are ideal for working professionals.
Concentrations Offered at the Following Locations
- MPH in Applied Epidemiology and Population Health Methods - Orange County
- MPH Community and Public Health Practice - San Francisco, Orange County and Online
- MPH Behavioral Health - San Francisco
- MPH Health Policy Leadership - Sacramento
Degree Requirements and Program Learning Outcomes
The School of Nursing and Health Professions at the University of San Francisco Launches New Public Health Applied Epidemiology and Population Health Methods Concentration
The School of Nursing and Health Professions (SONHP) at the University of San Francisco (USF) has announced a new Public Health Applied Epidemiology and Population Health Methods Concentration (AEPH) as a response to demand for epidemiologists in the U.S. The goal of the new AEPH concentration is to support a workforce who is ready to meet the public health challenges of today and tomorrow.
USF Professor Receives $1.27 Million to Study COVID-19 Vaccination in Pregnancy
Dr. Annette Regan, along with co-investigators from UCLA and Baylor College of Medicine, will conduct research involving one of the largest U.S. cohort studies to date in the area of the safety and effectiveness of COVID-19 vaccination during pregnancy.
It made me look at things from many different perspectives. It put my real life experiences and academic experiences together.
Mishaal Gill, MPH '19 | California Immigrant Policy Center
- Award-winning faculty – Experts in health policy, epidemiology, behavioral health, global health, demography, health program planning and evaluation, community organizing and advocacy, and nursing.
- 14:1 student faculty ratio – Allows for small class sizes and for you to work closely with your professors and peers.
- Concentration options – Select from four concentration options to specialize in a key area of public health.
- Flexible schedule – Hybrid and online formats are ideal for working professionals.
- Hands-on practical experience – 250 hours of applied practice experience in a public health-related organization.
- Mission driven approach – Become change agents and leaders to address social and health inequities to create a more humane and just world.
The University of San Francisco Master of Public Health Program is fully accredited by the Council of Education for Public Health (CEPH) through December 31, 2026.
Please check our State Authorization Status List for the states and territories from which we can enroll students in specific online degree programs.