Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages with Credential, MA
Internship Requirement Checklist
Requirements & Evidence Needed
- Employment verification: A current contract or letter indicating an offer of employment (at least .60 FTE or 3 classes) in SFUSD, OUSD or other local district. You must be the teacher of record, not a substitute.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited institution of higher education posted on official transcripts. Transcripts do not need to be in a sealed envelope. Note: If hired by district for Bilingual Authorization (formerly BCLAD) position, must also show evidence of passing CTC approved language test.
- Verification of admission and enrollment in the USF School of Education Multiple or Single Subjects credential program. All candidates must complete the following:
- TEC 610 Learning & Teaching (3)
- TEC 611 Ed of Bilingual Children (3)
- TEC 600 Teaching Learning & Technology (2)
- TEC 621 MS C&I: Early Literacy (3)
- TEC 615 SS C&I: Math & Science (3)
- TEC 628 SS C&I: English (3)
- TEC 629 SS C&I: Social Science
- TEC 617 SS C&I: Teaching Fields -or-
- TEC 622 Academic Literacy
MS Candidates must also complete:
SS Candidates must also complete ONE of the following:
- Copy of report showing passing of the California Basic Educational Skills Test (CBEST) or the Multiple Subject CSET Writing Skills Exam.
- Verification of subject matter competency:
- Multiple Subjects: Pass CSET exams.
- Single Subject: Pass CSET exams.
- Completion of the U.S. Constitution requirement.
- Have the USF Credential Analyst (ED 033) review your transcript for a course that may qualify.
- Take a CTC approved course or exam. The USF constitution exam is available online.
- Fingerprint clearance or photocopy of prior California credential or permit. CCTC website.
- Verification of a current TB test showing negative results; must be within past 2 years.