Kate Charlton joined USF as the director of the Advertising program in 2016, bringing with her over 20 years of international industry experience. Establishing her career in Canada in Leisure and Tourism, she transitioned to Sydney, Australia where she held senior roles in Strategic Planning, Business Development, and Account Direction within leading advertising, digital, and design agencies, including Saatchi & Saatchi. In 2009, her passion for teaching drew her to academia, where she conducted...
- PhD, Marketing, The University of Sydney Business School (Australia)
- Mcomm, Advertising, Bond University (Australia)
- BA, Leisure, Tourism & Society, The University of Calgary (Canada)
Joining the USF advertising program in fall 2018, Professor van Loggerenberg brought with him 20 years of industry experience, including lead positions across a number of roles: strategic planning at international digital and traditional advertising agencies such as Foote, Cone and Belding (FCB), branded entertainment production for television, and advertising and marketing manager roles at top retail and music entertainment companies. Prior to joining USF, Marthinus oversaw the brand and...
- Stellenbosch Business School, PhD in Business Management and Administration (Brand Strategy), 2017
- Stellenbosch Business School, MBA (cum laude), 2009
- AAA School of Advertising, IMC Post Grad...
- Creative brand strategy
- Brand identity, design and narrative
- Branded content and entertainment
- Word of mouth and influencer marketing
- Generation studies and trend forecasting
Dr. Zifei “Fay” Chen is an assistant professor in the Communication Studies Department and the coordinator of the Public Relations Minor program. Specialized in public relations and strategic communication, Dr. Chen’s research agenda centers on examining the factors and mechanisms that drive stakeholders’ attitudes and behaviors toward organizations in the digital environment.
Dr. Chen has produced over 30 publications in the forms of refereed journal articles, book chapters, and books. Her...
- University of Miami, PhD in Communication, 2017
- University of Georgia, MA in Journalism and Mass Communication, 2013
- Zhejiang University, BA in English with Honors Minor in Innovation and...
- Public relations
- Strategic communication
- Social media strategies
Marilyn (Bordwell) DeLaure teaches courses in rhetoric, criticism, and social movements. Her research investigates how people effect social change, focusing especially on embodied performance. She has published essays on dance, civil rights rhetoric, and environmental activism, and is co-editor of Culture Jamming: Activism and the Art of Cultural Resistance (NYU Press). She is also a producer of the award-winning documentary film MOTHERLOAD about the cargo bicycling movement.
- University of Iowa, PhD in Rhetorical Studies, 1999
- Drake University, BA in Speech Communication
Suse Barnes is a Digital Marketing Consultant specializing in social media marketing, advertising and search engine marketing. With more than twenty years in the digital marketing industry, Suse consults with businesses throughout the United States and has taught courses at several universities in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Suse is the president and founder of Susby Digital Marketing, LLC. Established in 2009 and located in Oakland, California, Susby serves a variety of clients in both B2C...
- Northwestern University, MM in Clarinet Performance, 1997
- Oberlin College, BA in Studio Art, 1996
- Oberlin Conservatory, BM in Clarinet Performance, 1996
- Social Media Marketing
- Innovation in Advertising
- Digital Marketing
- Search Engine Marketing
- Marketing Analytics
Michael Llewellyn-Williams is the founder and principal at BrandMechanics® in San Francisco. He has worked in advertising, brand consulting, and market research for over forty years in the United Kingdom, Europe, the United States, and Asia.
Elected to membership of the Institute of Practitioners in Advertising in London in 1985, he received the IPA Marketing Award for Innovation in 1990. The same year, he was admitted as a member of The Marketing Society, also in London.
- Imperial College, London, PhD, DIC in Polymer Physical Chemistry, 1974
- Imperial College, London, BSc, ARCS in Chemistry, 1974
- Advertising Strategy
- Brand Strategy
- Qualitative & Quantitative Research
Stacy has significant marketing and advertising experience inclusive of over 20 years running media agencies and their key accounts. During her tenure at UM Worldwide, the largest Media Agency within the IPG network, Stacy served in a variety of capacities. This ranged from the chief operating officer for the US to the managing director of the San Francisco office overseeing a team of more than 100 employees. Stacy also led the global Microsoft account across 40 countries and $1B in Media...
- Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, BS in Marketing