Teaching Master's Program with Credential – Concentration in Catholic Education
The Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) with a concentration in Catholic Education is designed for students who wish to pursue their teaching careers in Catholic schools and to hone their skills in classroom teaching.
Your Teacher Education Experience
- Curriculum is designed to integrate academic coursework with field experience.
- Programs prepare graduates to assume leadership roles in both public and private schools.
- Students work closely with the teacher education faculty, who are committed to social justice and community.
- Our classes are small compared with other teacher education programs. Completion of the teaching credential and Master of Arts in Teaching is typically 3 to 4 semesters. Students enrolled in our other master's programs will need more time to complete all requirements.
It was a privileged experience to share classes with gifted, committed, and dynamic Catholic school educators, who were not only fellow students and professors, but became valued friends throughout the course."
– Thomas Renshaw SJ, former Rector of Xavier College, Melbourne, Australia