Apply Now for 2024
The Fall 2024 application is now open. The priority application date is February 15, 2024.
A Career in Public Administration
Each year we survey MPA graduates to confirm where and how they are applying their education. Take a look at program completion rates for our MPA ARY-5 cohort and explore industries, job functions, and salary ranges for our recent graduates.
The USF Advantage
- Ranked in the top 20% of MPA programs in the US.
- A flexible class schedule accommodates working professionals. Classes are also offered on Saturday.
- Small class sizes promote one-on-one attention and deep relationships.
- A wide range of scholarship and financial aid options.
- Typical program length is 21 months with 38 units.
- Classes begin each fall at the USF Downtown San Francisco campus. Also offered in fall, spring and summer.
- Preferred but not required - two years of professional work experience, including internships.
- Accredited by NASPAA, the foremost membership organization of graduate programs in public administration, public policy, public affairs, and public & nonprofit management in the US and around the world.
- Ranked among the Best Public Affairs Programs by the U.S. News & World Report.
- A Health Services Administration concentration offers students a specialized public management degree designed for a career in the U.S. healthcare system.