Erika Boissiere is a licensed marriage and family therapist (MFT #84047) who specializes in couples counseling and is based out of San Francisco, California. She is the founder of The Relationship Therapy Group, a practice located in San Francisco dedicated to treating couples using cognitive behavioral therapy. An adjunct instructor teaching master level courses to students who are studying to be marriage and family therapists, she is also a contributing author to Forbes, writing on business and relationships.
Before becoming a therapist, Erika worked for nearly a decade in the financial services sector for firms such as BlackRock and other buy-side/ sell-side firms. Her background in the corporate world allows her to bring a practicality and tool-based approach to her therapy with couples as well as her teaching. She is married to Philip Boissiere, also a marriage and family therapist, and they share a young daughter and son.
- Couples Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- University of San Francisco, MA in Counseling Psychology, 2011
- University of Colorado, Boulder, Double BA in Economics & Political Science, 2003
- Founder, The Relationship Therapy Group
- Adjunct Professor in Psychology, Golden Gate University