MS in Computer Science
The graduate Computer Science program is a product of its environment—an innovative, progressive city thriving with intellectual and professional opportunity.
The Master of Science in Computer Science (MSCS) program at the University of San Francisco provides students with a broad background in software development and other core disciplines of computer science, ranging from systems, networking, and distributed programming to algorithms and theory.
- Students complete several projects throughout the program, including the specification, design, and development of a significant software system. View program details.
- Small classes and close interaction with full-time faculty are a hallmark of the program. A cohort model enhances the experience during our students’ first year, allowing them to take core courses at the same time.
- Our professors are distinguished researchers and accomplished experts from tech companies who bring real-world computing experience into the classroom. Meet our faculty.
- The program’s Practicum course allows students to gain practical experience in thriving Bay Area computer science and software industries while earning credit towards their degree. In the last two years, students have worked with eBay, Salesforce.com, Facebook, IBM, and SnapLogic, among others. Learn more.
- Graduates are well prepared for positions around the industry or to continue their studies in a PhD program. Meet our alumni.
- International students may be eligible to work for 29 months in the U.S. after completion of the MSCS program via the OPT program and STEM extension.
San Francisco Advantage
San Francisco is more than a breathtaking backdrop for our campus; it’s an essential element. We take advantage of the opportunities the Bay Area and Silicon Valley has to offer both inside and outside of the classroom. Recent graduates of our computer science program have taken positions at: